Courier Partner Insurance

Modified on Fri, 01 Mar 2024 at 02:16 PM

General guidelines

You can read more about the insurance that covers you while you are online with us here:

If you are unable to create an account, please contact Onsi directly in their chat so they can help you with this. The insurance only covers you as a person, not material damage. You must have your own insurance alongside to insure your car, bicycle or scooter. Have you been in an accident and want to register a claim? You can do it here:

- If you accidentally injure someone else or damage someone else's property:

- If you are injured and need medical attention as a result of an unprovoked attack by a third party:

- If you are seriously injured in an accident:

- If you suffer long-term injuries due to an accident:


Do I need my own insurance in order to deliver?

We strongly recommend that you have your own insurance aside from the accident insurance that Wolt provides you when delivering. If you are delivering by car or motorcycle, you are required by law to have liability insurance for your vehicle. This will cover you in case you end up in an accident while driving.

You can check out the terms of Wolt’s insurance here and decide which additional coverage you might need. Insurance is provided by Onsi.

What does Wolt's insurance cover for me?

While you are online and have signed up for Collective, you are covered by Wolt’s accident- and third-party liability insurance. This means that you can apply for compensation if you experience injuries like dislocations and fractures from an accident that happened while online. 

The insurance also covers some medical expenses, hospital stays, serious injuries, and death. You can read the full insurance terms and gain more information about how to contact our insurance company here.

What do I do if I’m in an accident? 

Make sure you and any other people involved are alright. Call the local emergency line, if there is a need for an ambulance or police. The most important thing is the safety and well-being of you and anyone else involved. 

Once you are sure you and anyone else possibly involved is alright, contact support and they will help you figure out the best solution. 

How do I file a claim?

You can easily file a claim by registering on Onsi and sharing your details with them. After your submission, an employee from the insurance company will reach out to you within a few days.

Other fees

I got a parking ticket while delivering, will Wolt pay?

It is important that you follow the official traffic rules when delivering with Wolt, so if you receive any fines or parking tickets while delivering, it is your own responsibility to cover the costs. 

When delivering by bike, we recommend that you are extra careful not to check your phone while biking, or bike in areas that are restricted to people by foot only.

For cars and motorcycles, always follow the speed limits for your vehicle and remember to park legally during pick-ups or drop-offs even if you are just leaving your vehicle for a few minutes.

I damaged my vehicle while delivering, will Wolt pay?

Wolt does not cover any damages happening to your vehicle while delivering. We recommend that you insure it or get a kasko (comprehensive/all-risk) insurance for your motor vehicle. If the damage is a result of an accident or collision with a third party, their insurance might cover the costs you have related to necessary repairs.

Check out the insurance terms in your app under ‘‘Insurance’’ where you will also find information about how to contact the Onsi Support if in doubt!

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article